Heavy Equipment Colleges of America (HEC) is a group of private training and education colleges that specialize in training entry-level heavy equipment and crane operation. With seven locations across the country, our education facilities train many students, as well as local businesses, with an interest in learning more about skilled trades in the heavy equipment and crane industries. These industries include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Commonly-used Cranes and Heavy Equipment
- Safety Operations
- Equipment Maintenance
- Site Management and Preparation
- Residential and Commercial Construction
- Road Construction
- Underground and Utilities
This list of our locations are as follows:
- North Carolina
- California – San Bernardino
- California – Ft. Irwin (*CSP only)
- Washington (*CSP only)
HEC is proud to be able to offer our students and our clients a wide range of services when it comes to certification, as well as developing skills that will be useful for a lifetime. We have been perfecting our strategy for more than a decade to ensure that we provide the most effective education and heavy equipment and crane operation training available. We also offer services to businesses in the heavy equipment and crane operations industries.
Are you looking for education or certification options for your employees? We offer industry services tailored to your specific needs. Whether on our site or yours, we are passionate in ensuring that individuals working in heavy equipment or crane operation are as educated and well-trained as possible, and we are happy to bring that passion to your workplace.
Our certifications are ADEPT and NCCCO. Our experienced instructors can make the trip to your business site and get to work training your employees right away.
Heavy Equipment Certification
How can you be sure your workers have the skills and training they need when jobsite safety and productivity are at stake?
Heavy Equipment Certification is the answer.
The Heavy Equipment Certification testing and outcome-based assessment program was created to provide a third-party reliable measurement of the essential skills workers must have to demonstrate proficiency and capability in heavy equipment operations.
Adaptable Equipment Proficiency Test (ADEPT)
The ADEPT program utilizes an outcome-based assessment approach. This provides an objective evaluation that meets industry and regulatory standards and accurately measures knowledge and abilities, including:
- Basic operations, safety and maintenance
- Site layout, soils and practical math
- Blueprint reading and general construction knowledge
- Staging and set-up
- Proper execution and accuracy in maintaining lines and depth
We are happy to offer a variety of benefits, including:
- Portable Testing and Evaluation: We’ll come to your site.
- Customized Certification: Designed to meet your specific and unique needs and requirements
There are a wide variety of benefits associated with certification. Some of these include:
- Reduced on-site accidents and workers comp claims
- Verified knowledge and skills of entry-level operators
- Enhanced job performance and capacity
- Decreased risk and lower insurance premiums
- On-time and on-schedule completion of projects
- Accurately assessed levels of operators based on knowledge and skill
Our strategy has been further developed by staff as part of the training curriculum in our locations across the United States, as well as through extensive analysis of actual jobsite experiences in the mining, construction, utility, and equipment manufacturing industries. Exam content and evaluation criteria have also been shaped by the direct assessment of reality-based best practices involving input from training directors, instructors, managers, supervisors, equipment operators and manufacturers.
For more information about our ADEPT certification services, contact us today.
*The Army’s Career Skills Program (CSP) prepares soldiers for civilian employment through first-class apprenticeships, on-the-job training, job shadowing, internships and employment skills training.