At Heavy Equipment Colleges of America, we believe specialized skills in the heavy equipment and construction industry are valuable assets to your future. In fact, we believe that making the decision to focus on training programs in these areas rather than spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on an education that might do little more than end up with you in an incredibly competitive job market is a smart one. Instead of setting yourself up for a frustrating job hunt after graduation, why not set yourself up for success?
We work hard to create a learning environment that promotes both practical as well as textbook knowledge. With our instructors, students learn how to excel in their chosen field. Through classroom activities as well as field training, our staff prepares students to effectively and immediately work on construction jobsites. Some of the training in question includes instruction in the following:
- Commonly Used Cranes and Heavy Equipment
- Safety Operations
- Equipment Maintenance
Our programs are designed to help you become an effective and safe worker. With our help, you will also learn to evaluate soil conditions, read blueprints and apply general math concepts to calculate weight and volume. These are skills that will help set you apart from other candidates and you will also receive instruction in:
- Construction Site Preparation
- Mining Operations
- Gravel and Transport
- Utility and Underground Excavation
In addition to oil, gas, railroad, waste disposal and recycling, graduates from our heavy equipment training schools are eligible for a variety of jobs in construction and aggregate industries, including equipment operation, crane operation, site preparation and management, excavation, utilities and underground, trenching, road construction, airport construction, and commercial and residential construction.
Heavy Equipment Colleges of America offer programs at all of our campuses, including:
- Heavy Equipment Colleges of America – Alabama
- Heavy Equipment Colleges of America – California (Northern & Southern)
- Heavy Equipment Colleges of America – Georgia
- Heavy Equipment Colleges of America – North Carolina
- Heavy Equipment Colleges of America – Oklahoma
- Heavy Equipment Colleges of America – Tennessee
- Heavy Equipment Colleges of America – Washington
We are proud to provide our students with a variety of options to help them obtain a quality education close to home. Heavy Equipment Colleges of America strive to prepare our students for long-term careers in construction and heavy equipment operations. As a result, we offer a variety of programs designed to help them develop the necessary skillsets and obtain the knowledge that will help them to succeed. The following programs are offered as part of our curriculum:
- Heavy Equipment Operations Level One. In this course, you learn the basics about what it means to work as a heavy equipment operator. It is, in other words, an important course that will provide you with a solid foundation upon which you can build your career.
- Heavy Equipment Operations Level Two. This is a course designed to take the foundation of your education and build upon it in an exhilarating and exciting way. It explores more advanced skills and details necessary for more advanced positions in the construction and heavy equipment operations industries.
- Mobile Crane Operations. This course is designed to give you both practical experience and classroom interaction when it comes to the fundamentals of crane operation. This includes both swing cab and fixed-cab hydraulic cranes, and includes learning about things like crane set-up, lift planning, rigging and signaling, and load dynamics.
- Lattice Boom Crane. This course offers much of the same information as the above Crane Operations Program, but it specializes on the lattice boom crane.
When you have completed your education and career training with Heavy Equipment Colleges of America, you will find yourself qualified to apply for a variety of jobs in the heavy equipment operations and construction fields. Some of these might include jobs in:
- Airport Construction
- Crane Operation
- Equipment Operation
- Residential and Commercial Construction
- Road Construction
- Site Management and Preparation
- Under Ground and Utilities
Are you interested in learning more about the kinds of programs we offer at our campuses across the country? Locate the campus nearest to your location and take a look at what they have to offer! You can even schedule a campus visit to get a feel for the learning environment as well as the kinds of courses you can take with us. Come see how we can help you prepare for the future!
Availability of programs varies by campus.