We work hard to create a learning environment that promotes both practical as well as textbook knowledge. With our instructors, students learn how to excel in their chosen field. Through classroom activities as well as field training, our staff prepares students to effectively and immediately work on construction jobsites. Some of the training in question includes instruction in the following:
- Commonly-used Cranes and Heavy Equipment
- Safety Operations
- Equipment Maintenance
- Site Management and Preparation
- Residential and Commercial Construction
- Road Construction
- Underground and Utilities
Our programs are designed to help you become an effective and safe worker. With our help, you will also learn to evaluate soil conditions, read blueprints and apply general math concepts to calculate weight and volume. These are skills that will help set you apart from other candidates and you will also receive instruction in:
- Construction Site Preparation
- Utility and Underground Excavation
In addition to oil, gas, railroad, waste disposal and recycling, and construction, graduates from our heavy equipment training schools are eligible for a variety of jobs in many industries, including equipment operation, crane operation, site preparation and management, excavation, utilities and underground, trenching, road construction, airport construction, and commercial and residential construction.
- North Carolina
- California – San Bernardino
- California – Ft. Irwin (*CSP only)
- Washington (*CSP only)
We are proud to provide our students with a variety of options to help them obtain a quality education close to home. Each location strives to prepare our students for long-term careers in heavy equipment and crane operations. As a result, we offer a variety of programs designed to help them develop the necessary skill sets and obtain the knowledge that will help them to succeed. The following programs are offered as part of our curriculum and vary by location:
- Certificate of Heavy Equipment Operations – Level I: In this course, you learn the basics about what it means to work as a heavy equipment operator. It is, in other words, an important course that will provide you with a solid foundation upon which you can build your career.
- Certificate of Heavy Equipment Operations – Level II. This is a course designed to take the foundation of your education from Certificate of Heavy Equipment Operations – Level 1 and build upon it. It explores more advanced skills and details related to heavy equipment.
- Certificate of Heavy Equipment Operations – Mobile Crane. This course is designed to give you both practical experience and classroom interaction when it comes to the fundamentals of crane operation. This includes both swing cab and fixed-cab hydraulic cranes, and includes learning about things like crane set-up, lift planning, rigging and signaling, and load dynamics. Mobile Crane is a prerequisite for the next program: certificate of Heavy Equipment Operations – Lattice Boom Crawler Crane.
- Certificate of Heavy Equipment Operations – Lattice Boom Crawler Crane. After completing Certificate of Heavy Equipment Operations – Mobile Crane, you can take on this course. You will learn the fundamentals of operating a Lattice Boom Crawler Crane; this includes, crane set-up, lift planning, load dynamics, rigging, and signaling.
Are you interested in learning more about the kinds of programs we offer at our locations across the country? Find your nearest location and take a look at what they have to offer. You can even schedule a visit to get a feel for the learning environment as well as the courses you can take with us. Come see how we can help you prepare for the future!
Availability of programs varies by location.
*The Army’s Career Skills Program (CSP) prepares soldiers for civilian employment through first-class apprenticeships, on-the-job training, job shadowing, internships and employment skills training.