Locations – Alabama, California, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Oklahoma
Program Length – 3 Weeks
Many students struggle when it comes to making a decision about what kind of job they want for the duration of their working years. Due to the increasingly digital and automated nature of today’s professional and personal landscapes, careers focusing on computers and their peripherals are becoming popular. With that said, it is important to note that skilled trades are an important part of modern society. In fact, they are perhaps more important than ever before precisely because so many students are avoiding them in favor of other options.
Individuals skilled in trades like machine operation continue to be in high demand around the country. The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that the industry is expected to grow around 10 percent from 2014 to 2024 – a faster-than-average increase that will see many new jobs opening up to a market already in need of new recruits.* For students looking for a job that gives them the best chance at steady income and long-term work, opting for an education in heavy equipment operation is a good move.
Heavy Equipment Level Two** is a course that is designed to take the skills you learned in Heavy Equipment Level One and build on them in an exciting and exhilarating way. In this course, you will receive the additional training and experience that will help qualify you for more in-depth and complex roles in the heavy machinery and equipment industry.
Heavy Equipment Colleges of America offers a curriculum comprised of both hands-on experience and textbook learning that leads to well-rounded and capable professionals. We believe learning is an experience – but even more than that, we believe learning should be a great experience. That is why we are proud to offer courses that have been carefully constructed to give our students the best chance of success as possible.
In Heavy Equipment One, your experiences were related to general heavy equipment operation. Heavy Equipment Two is a more advanced course that will focus more on building your skills and diversifying your experiences to help you gain a better understanding of heavy equipment operation in a variety of situations.
Benefits of the Heavy Equipment Two program include:
- Hands-On Training: In our second-level heavy equipment course, we will continue to focus on providing our students with important hands-on training that helps prepare them for their future work. This includes learning more about complex operations that grant you the knowledge and skills need to help you stand out from the other candidates.
- Accelerated Program: Life is busy and not everyone has the time to devote years of their lives to higher education. This is especially true of the skilled trades, where you want to find a job as quickly as possible and continue any specialized training as mandated by your employer on site. To help get you out of the classroom and into a stable position, we offer our Heavy Equipment II course in an accelerated option you can finish in as little as three weeks.
- Multiple Locations: We have campuses all across the United States. Find a campus near your home and conveniently train for your new career.
- ADEPT Exam: To become a qualified heavy equipment operations specialist, you will need to take the Adaptable Equipment Proficiency Testing (ADEPT) exam to demonstrate your knowledge and ability in the workplace. Our Heavy Equipment II program will help get you ready to ace the exam and start working.
- Military Benefits: We are proud to support and honor the brave women and men who fight for our country. We believe you should be able to use the skills you’ve learned while in the military and work them into a brand new To that end, our schools are eligible for Veterans Education Benefits, Post 9-11 GI Billtm so that you may get the training you need at an affordable price.
- The NCCCO program utilizes an outcome-based assessment approach. This provides an objective evaluation that meets industry and regulatory standards and accurately measures knowledge and abilities.
- Level two training will qualify you for the ADEPT (Adaptable Equipment Proficiency Testing) exam, a nationally-recognized heavy equipment operations certification valued by employers across the country.
The demand for knowledgeable and skilled heavy equipment operators is projected to continue to grow over the next ten years. As mentioned earlier, the BLS projects that the field of heavy equipment operation stands to grow as much as 10 percent from 2014 to 2024.** When you complete your training, you will be able to join a growing field with a variety of job opportunities around the country.
At the Heavy Equipment Colleges of America, we are dedicated to providing you with a comprehensive education. Our advanced, Heavy Equipment Two course is designed as a three-week course that will take the practical understanding granted to students via our introductory course and expand on that information. We will focus on acquiring the skills to operate a hydraulic excavator, for example, and we will also work to supplement your knowledge of the dozer. More specifically, you will learn about advanced rough grading techniques, advanced instruction in excavation backfill, and about how to finish smooth and evenly sloped grading.
Are you ready to continue on the path to acquiring the education and skills you need to succeed in the field of heavy equipment operations? For more information, contact us today. We can talk about the next steps and help you enroll in the course. Best of all, you will be one step closer to starting a career you will truly love once you have finished our Heavy Equipment Two course. We are excited to have you and help you throughout your journey. At Heavy Equipment Colleges of America, we have built a program that revolves around you. Come see for yourself how it works!
**Program availability varies by campus.